Integrate Your Shopify Website
In order to create live Google Shopping and Search campaigns with Dynamic Creative, you need to create a link between your website and Dynamic Creative. This allows Dynamic Creative to update the availability and price of your ads automatically. At the end of this process, you will have:
- Generated API access credentials to link your Shopify site with Ad Builder
- Set up Ad Builder to extract product data from your website
- Created a Product Feed for use with Dynamic Creative Ad Builder
Generating a Shopify API Key & Password
The API key is required to interact with the Shopify system API to fetch product details. To create an API key:
- From your Shopify admin section, navigate to Apps.
Manage private apps.
- Click on Create new private app.
In the description section enter a private app name.
We recommend Dynamic Creative Shopify Feed
- In permissions, select the options as pictured below:
- Click Save .
- Copy the generated API key and password for use in the next step.
Generating the Feed
If you have not completed the first 2 steps of the campaign build process, go to the
Dynamic Creative Ad Builder and complete
Step 1 and
You should now be on Step 3. Inventory. Select Shopify from the list of website platforms and click Connect.
- Authenticate your Dynamic Creative account using the same account you use to log in to Dynamic Creative Ad Builder.
Feed Creation - Shopify page, enter the following:
- Website Domain - This is the URL to the homepage of your site
- Shopify Domain - This is the website domain including a '.myshopify' extension
- The API Key and Password you created in Generating an API Key and Password earlier
- If the test was successful click the arrow to proceed to the Prioritise your Shopify Collections step.
Once the feed is ready click Close on the Build Feed screen and Complete the remainder of Step 3. Inventory