OpenCart API Installation Guide
This article will guide you through the process of installing and configuring your OpenCart store to allow Dynamic Creative Ad Builder to export your website data via REST API.
To install the OpenCart API Extension you will need to ensure you have FTP enabled on your OpenCart site. To do this, from your OpenCart admin panel, go to System > Settings > Edit current store, go to the FTP section and ensure Enable FTP is set to "Yes"
Install the API Extension
- Download the API Extension using this link.
- From your OpenCart admin panel, navigate to Extensions > Extension Installer and Upload the .ocmod.zip file from step 1
- Once uploaded, you will need to ensure your user group has the appropriate access permissions enabled. To do this, navigate to System > Users > User Groups and edit your user group. Under both Access Permission & Modify Permission, ensure that 'feed/rest_api' is checked.
- From your OpenCart admin panel, navigate to Extensions > Extension Installer > Extensions and select Feeds from the dropdown. Under "Rest API", click the green + icon to install the extension.
Generate Your API Username & API Key
- From your OpenCart admin panel, navigate to System > Users > API and click on the blue + icon to create a new API username/key.
In the Add API pane, under the General tab:
- Add an API Username (i.e. "Dynamic Creative")
- Generate an API Key by clicking the blue Generate button
- Set Status to Enabled
Note: You will use this API Username and API Key to connect your site to Dynamic Creative Ad Builder.
Under the IP Addresses tab, add the Dynamic Creative Application IP Addresses and your own Public IP Address:
- Your public IP Address
Return to Integrate Your OpenCart Site and proceed with the Generating the Feed steps.