Setup Google Analytics for your Magento 2.X Store
Setting up Google Analytics for Magento 2.x
Google Analytics needs to be linked to your Magento E-commerce platform to track useful user activity such as purchases, page views, website calls, form submissions or any other data you may find relevant to your AdWords campaigns.
Getting Your Analytics Tracking ID:
To setup Google Analytics you will first require a Google Analytics account and tracking ID. Once you have created your Analytics account. You can find your Analytics tracking ID by:
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
Setting up Analytics/E-Commerce tracking:
- Login to your Magento 2 admin and go to Stores>Configuration and select Sales>Google API from the submenu .
- Under Google Analytics API, set enabled to Yes and fill in your google tracking ID
- Click the Save Config button
To return to the Conversion Tracking Setup documentation follow this link: How to Setup Conversion Tracking for Your E-Commerce Store