Integrate Your Magento 2.x Website
- If you have not completed the first 2 steps of the campaign build process, go to the Dynamic Creative Ad Builder and complete Step 1 and Step 2.
You should now be on Step 3. Inventory. Select Magento 2 from the list of supported platforms and click Connect.
- Authenticate your Dynamic Creative account using the same account you use to log in to Dynamic Creative Ad Builder.
- On the Feed Creation - Magento 2.X page, follow the onscreen instructions on How to generate an Access Token from my Magento store and enter your Website URL and Access token.
- Click the Test button. Once you receive a Connection Successful notification click the next button.
If an error occurs double check the Access Token you have entered. If everything appears correct, use the help icon in the bottom left corner of the screen to get in contact with our support team.
- On the category selection screen (as pictured below), you can select which categories to utilise in your Dynamic Creative Ad Builder feed. The page may take a few minutes to load if you have a large number of categories.
Categories which should be enabled for your feed are those which describe what the product is e.g.
- Men's Casual Shoes
- Oak Dining Tables
- Bluetooth Headphones
Avoid enabling categories that are very broad, such as Menswear or Accessories. Enabling these categories usually results in expensive search campaigns that rarely convert into sales. Similarly, avoid enabling categories that don't tell you anything about the products in them, such as 'Sale' or 'New Arrivals'.
- Once you have selected your categories, click the next button to begin feed generation.
On the Map Custom Attributes screen you will see the available Store Attributes, alongside a list of feed attributes to which they can be mapped. Each row shows a mapped attribute (e.g. in the below picture the
Store Attribute Fabric is mapped to
variant_group_one.) Colour & Size are will usually correspond to Color and Size
Store Attributes as well.
Variant Groups should be mapped to any other attributes which potential customers may use when searching for your products. Generally, these should be attributes which filter across your categories, describing a subset of the categories.
e.g. For an apparel store with categorisation of Women's Clothes > Tops > Blouses, a Fabric type of Silk is something which could be appended to all three levels of categorisation.
- Silk Women's Clothes
- Silk Tops
- Silk Blouses
- Once you have selected the Custom Attributes to be mapped to your feed, click the next button
- Your feed will now generate, depending on your number of products and categories, this could take some time. The page will automatically update once processing is finished to a screen similar to the one pictured below. Click the Use Feed button to navigate to Dynamic Creative Ad Builder to continue your ad build. If you have not started an Ad Build yet, the Use Feed button will automatically create a new build for you.