Integrate Your WooCommerce Website
In order to create live Google Shopping and Search campaigns with Dynamic Creative, you need to create a link between your website data and Dynamic Creative. This allows Dynamic Creative to update the availability and price of your ads automatically. At the end of this process, you will have:
- Generated API access credentials to link your WooCommerce site with Ad Builder
- Set up Ad Builder to extract product data from your website
- Created a Product Feed for use with Dynamic Creative Ad Builder
Generating the API Access Credentials
The API key is required by Ad Builder to interact with the WooCommerce system API to fetch product details.
- Login to your WooCommerce store and navigate to WooCommerce > Settings.
- Click on the API tab on this page
- Under General options, Enable the REST API should be checked. If not, check the box and click on Save Changes.
- Click on the Keys/Apps tab
- Click on the Add Key button
Select the User you would like to generate a key for in the User Dropdown and add a Description. Choose Read from the Permissions drop-down.
User: We recommend creating a new user for the Dynamic Creative Ad Builder, but you can use an existing user.
Description: A short reminder as to what the key is for, e.g. Dynamic Creative Ad Builder API key.
- Click on Generate API key
Generating the Feed
If you have not completed the first 2 steps of the campaign build process, go to the
Dynamic Creative Ad Builder and complete
Step 1 and
You should now be on Step 3. Inventory. Select WooCommerce from the list of supported platforms and click Connect.
Authenticate your Dynamic Creative account using the same account you use to log in to Dynamic Creative Ad Builder.
Feed Creation - WooCommerce page, enter your Website URL and the API details you generated earlier.
- Click the Test button. Once you receive a Connection Successful notification click the next button.
If an error occurs double check the API details you have entered. If everything appears correct, use the help icon in the bottom left corner of the screen to get in contact with our support team.
You will now see a page like the one below. On this page, you can select which categories to utilise in your Dynamic Creative Ad Builder feed. The page may take a few minutes to load if you have a large number of categories. Once you have selected your categories, click the next button.
You should enable categories which describe what your product is, e.g.
- Men's Casual Shoes
- Oak Dining Tables
- Bluetooth Headphones
Avoid enabling categories that are very broad, such as Menswear or Accessories. Enabling these categories usually results in expensive search campaigns that rarely convert into sales. Similarly, avoid enabling categories that don't tell you anything about the products in them, such as 'Sale' or 'New Arrivals'.
Map Custom Attributes screen you will see the available
Store Attributes, alongside a list of feed attributes to which they can be mapped. Each row shows a mapped attribute (e.g. in the below picture the
Store Attribute Fabric is mapped to
variant_group_one.) Colour & Size are will usually correspond to Color and Size
Store Attributes as well.
Variant Groups should be mapped to any other attributes which potential customers may use when searching for your products. Generally, these should be attributes which filter across your categories, describing a subset of the categories.
e.g. For an apparel store with categorisation of Women's Clothes > Tops > Blouses, a Fabric type of Silk is something which could be appended to all three levels of categorisation.
- Silk Women's Clothes
- Silk Tops
- Silk Blouses
- Once you have selected the Custom Attributes to be mapped to your feed, click the next button to generate your feed.
- Depending on your number of products and categories, feed generation could take some time. You can close the Build Feed screen at any point during generation. You can check on the status of your feed generation by returning to Step 3 Inventory.
Once the feed is ready click Close on the Build Feed screen and Complete the remainder of Step 3. Inventory.