Generating WooCommerce API Credentials
In order to create live Google Shopping and Search campaigns with Dynamic Creative, you need to create a link between your website data and Dynamic Creative. This allows Dynamic Creative to update the availability and price of your ads automatically.
An API key is required by Dynamic Creative to interact with the WooCommerce system API to fetch product details. To generate an API key:
- Login to your WooCommerce store and navigate to WooCommerce > Settings.
- Click on the Advanced tab on this page
- Under Legacy API, Enable the REST API should be checked. If not, check the box and click on Save Changes.
- Click on the REST API tab
- Click on the Add Key button
Select the User you would like to generate a key for in the User Dropdown and add a Description. Choose Read from the Permissions drop-down.
User: We recommend creating a new user for the Dynamic Creative Ad Builder, but you can use an existing user.
Description: A short reminder as to what the key is for, e.g. Dynamic Creative Ad Builder API key.
- Click on Generate API key