Creating a Google Analytics Account
This document will run you through how to create a Google Analytics account and link you to how to implement Google Analytics eCommerce tracking on a variety of eCommerce platforms. If you already have a working page view and eCommerce Google Analytics setup, you can skip this step.
- Navigate to https://analytics.google.com and click sign up
- You will then be prompted to input the following information
- Account Name – Use the name of your business
- Website Name – Use the name of your website
- Website URL – Use the URL for your website
- Industry Category – Select the category which best describes your business
- Time Zone – Select the time zone in which your business is based
- Data Sharing Settings – You will be prompted to select whether to share certain kinds of data with Google. Select the settings which you are comfortable with
- Once you have input these, click Get Tracking ID
- You will then be prompted to accept the Terms and Conditions for Google Analytics. If you accept, click I Accept
- You will now be on a screen containing your tracking ID and the tracking tag for your Google Analytics account. The way in which you need to implement this on your website will be different based on your CMS. We have a number of articles detailing the method for a number of mainstream eCommerce platforms.