Creating a Google Shopping Dashboard
Why Use This Google Shopping Dashboard?
- It is configured to track ROAS as the primary and only goal
- Tracks performance on geography, device type, age, gender, time of day and day of month
- It is absolutely free to download and to use. All you need is an active Google Shopping Campaign
- It only tracks Google Shopping Campaigns – all other ad types have been filtered out (you can add other metrics if you wish)
Follow the steps below and you are minutes away from a real-time dashboard to track the performance of your AdWords campaigns in Google Data Studio.
How to Create a Dashboard for Your Shopping Campaigns
Google Data Studio allows you to automatically link data from Google services (such as AdWords, Analytics and more) in order to create dashboards or reports. A dashboard like this can be useful for keep a high level view on your Google Shopping campaigns in real time.
Dynamic Creative have a free to use Google Data studio template; in order to set this up for your Shopping campaigns, just follow the steps below:
- Go to https://datastudio.google.com (if you are not logged in, log into your Google account)
- Click on this link to take you to the Google Shopping Data Studio Dashboard template
- Make a copy of the document (pictured below)
- If prompted, go through the “Welcome to Google Data Studio” steps
- Terms and conditions
- Preferences for communication
- Create data sources for your analytics and adwords accounts
- Select AdWords as the connector – Authorise Google Data Studio to access AdWords data
- Select your AdWords account and click connect
- Click add to report
- Click create report
- You now have an AdWords dashboard for your shopping campaigns!