Step 5. Preview (Search)
The preview step shows how your ads will look in Google. This page includes a summary card for every generated ad group, including:
- The campaign that the ad group belongs to
- The number of generated ads, keywords, sitelinks, sructured snippets and promotions for the ad group
- A preview of the first generated ad for the ad group
- A list of keywords for the ad group (viewed by clicking the list icon at the bottom of the card)
- A list of ad previews for the ad group (viewed by clicking the 'A' icon at the bottom of the card)
To view the list of all keywords and their accompanying match types for a given Ad Group, click the list icon at the bottom of the ad group card.
For more details about keyword match types, please see our article on Search Keywords (Exact, Broad and Modified).
Ad Preview List
To view the list of all the ads for a given ad group, click the list icon at the bottom of the ad group card. This will display a popup window with a preview of each ad as it will be seen in Google.
If an ads shows "Fallback" next to it, this means that one of the fields in your ad is exceeding the character limit set by Google. When this occurs Ad Builder generates a static, fallback ad which uses your Brand Narrative Settings from Step. 4. To see why the ad is reverting to a fallback ad, mouse over the Fallback icon to see a summary of the ad fields which are exceeding the character limits.
For steps on how you can modify your ad fields to be below the character limit see our article on Fallback Ads.
If you are happy with the campaigns which have generated, click on the next button to proceed to Step 6. Publish.