Turn on E-commerce Tracking for Your Google Analytics Account
Turning on E-commerce tracking in Analytics
E-commerce tracking in Google Analytics enables you to track your customers' purchase activity on your site. This includes useful information such as product and transaction information, average order value, e-commerce conversion rate, time to purchase and other data.
This document will take you through the steps that must be taken to enable eCommerce tracking within Google Analytics. You must be logged in to your Google Analytics account to follow this guide.
- Navigate to your Analytics account admin panel. This can be found at the bottom of the left panel.
- Navigate to: View > E-commerce Settings.
- Enable E-commerce by clicking the Status slider.
- E-commerce tracking allows you to measure the number of transactions and revenue that your website generates.
- Enable Related Products and click continue.
- Enable Enhanced E-commerce Reporting.
This enables the measurement of user interactions with products on your website including: product impressions, product clicks, viewing product details, adding a product to a shopping cart, initiating the checkout process, transactions, and refunds.
Congratulations! You've successfully enabled E-commerce tracking for your Google Analytics account.
- To return to the Conversion Tracking Setup documentation follow this link: How to Setup Conversion Tracking for Your E-Commerce Store